Installation of solar water heaters in 35 kindergartens, 35 medical institutions and a boarding school for the care and protection of children, as well as heat pump system in the Republican Medical Center of Stepanakert.
The project will help reduce the costs of these institutions for electricity, increase their autonomy and, in general, reduce the dependence of the Republic of Artsakh. Ensuring energy independence is especially important in the conditions of the energy blockade.
Direct beneficiaries: more than 2,500 residents of Artsakh
Indirect beneficiaries: all residents of Artsakh, since the country receives greater energy independence by reducing gas and electricity consumption, as well as reducing the load on energy transmission networks.
- The devices practically do not require maintenance and after assembly, they simply work for the period stipulated by the manufacturer
- After the warranty period expires, in case of a breakdown, the owner of the equipment repairs it independently and at his own expense
- 160 installations and 1 heat pump system will save around 1 mln kWh per year
- The project will contribute to the popularization and spread of “clean” and decentralized solar energy in Artsakh
* The implementation of the project depends on the availability of transportation, possibly with the support of the Red Cross and/or other humanitarian actors.